The National Committee is currently hiring. If you would like to be considered for a potential position, please follow the application instructions at the end of each position description. Candidates interested in internships should click here to learn more.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
NCUSCR is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. All staff members are expected to be committed to the National Committee’s mission and represent the organization in a professional manner.
- Insurance: 100% employer paid health insurance for employee or medical opt-out plan; voluntary dental and vision plans available; employer paid life insurance; voluntary long-term disability plan
- Time off: 12 paid holidays; 5 personal days; 15 vacation days; 12 sick days per year
- Retirement: mandatory employee contribution triple matched by employer after one year of employment
- Optional participation in employer sponsored transit program
- Other benefits: weekly Chinese language classes available; subscription to multiple news platforms; work from home stipend; personal development and training opportunities.
Director of Development
This director is part of the seven-person senior management team of NCUSCR and helps formulate NCUSCR strategy. The director will implement existing fundraising strategies, supervise the planning, execution, and wrap-up of the annual gala dinner fundraiser, cultivate and solicit corporate sponsors and major donors, organize and execute annual appeals, prepare grant proposals, and help implement events ranging from senior Chinese leadership dinners to the annual members program.
The ideal candidate will have a positive, “can-do”, enthusiastic attitude, practice innovative thinking, and be flexible, collaborative, and team oriented. He/she will possess a high degree of initiative, a strong focus on business development, demonstrate resourcefulness, and have an overall drive to build lasting fundraising success for the organization. This position reports to the president and to the vice presidents as noted below.
- Develop an annual fundraising plan
- Identify individual, corporate, and foundation prospects; develop and steward donor relationships; solicit and close gifts
- Coordinate in-person funder solicitation meetings
- Develop and update fundraising proposal materials
- Deepen engagement with existing and potential supporters
- Work with program officers to maintain balance between program goals and donor expectations
- Research and draft grant proposals for corporate and foundation funding
Event Management (reports to VPs)
- Plan and implement all event logistics for the annual large-scale, black tie, fundraising gala dinner, including developing proposals for potential honorees, committee chairs, and donors
- Plan and implement corporate programs and senior leader events. Support annual members program and other special events
- Participate in development-related functions such as marketing, design, and preparation of print materials, event logistics, and post-event follow up
- Manage and enhance the corporate members program, including the intake of new corporate members, corporate member renewals, and developing membership materials for current and prospective members
- Sustain strong corporate financial support for the organization by maintaining and developing contact with corporate representatives
- Work with program staff in designing programs and briefings for corporate members and friends
- Build relationships with key existing and new corporate contacts to help advance the partnership
- Maintain up to date records on current corporate members and prospects
- Compile lists of corporate and major donors for annual report
- Minimum five years of directly-related development work including soliciting and closing major gifts, fundraiser planning and execution with a proven record of success; experience with capital campaigns preferred
- Ability to conduct research and utilize information for development
- Highly organized with a track record in managing multiple tasks, details, and deadlines
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including Salesforce and Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Work authorization required
- Ability to speak Chinese and/or knowledge of China preferred
The expected annual salary range for this position is between $100,000-160,000.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A writing sample and references will be requested from those selected for interviews.