The National Committee has been at the forefront of the dynamic Sino-American relationship for more than half a century, from its role in Ping Pong Diplomacy to its leadership in addressing the 21st century’s most complex political, social, economic, and security challenges.
As U.S.-China relations face increasing friction, we are confronted with a new era of bilateral and global uncertainty, underscoring the urgency of our mission and the importance of stable and productive relations between the world’s two greatest economic and military powers.
The National Committee is committed to promoting forthright dialogue, mutual understanding, and constructive cooperation through our four programmatic areas that include:
- Engaging policy makers on both sides of the Pacific with activities including briefings for U.S. military leaders, and visits to China for Congressional members and staff to promote informed decision-making
- Conducting dialogues among leading American and Chinese experts in critical areas, including economic relations, maritime issues and international law, digital economy, and healthcare, to promote collaborative solutions
- Supporting the professional development of emerging leaders through initiatives such as the Public Intellectuals Program, and the Young Leaders Forum
- Educating Chinese and Americans about one another, through public programs, videos and podcasts, and events that bring together U.S. business and policy leaders with visiting Chinese leaders, including President Xi Jinping in 2015
We invite you to engage with the National Committee on our website
- Learn about our remarkable programs
- Register for one of our public events
- Subscribe to our monthly e-Newsletter and event e-Alerts
- Watch videos and listen to podcasts featuring discussions with leading experts
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, and Weibo
- Support our work with a tax-deductible donation
Stephen A. Orlins